Graduate Research Scholarships 2023-2024 in Australia
The Graduate Research Scholarships (MRS) for the academic year 2023-2024 offer a comprehensive international scholarship package. This fully-funded opportunity includes approximately 600 scholarships available for individuals pursuing research-based masters and doctorate degrees. The MRS scholarship provides numerous benefits, such as an annual living allowance of $32,400, full fee coverage, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership, and a relocation stipend. These incentives aim to support and enhance the educational journey of the recipients.
The University of Melbourne, as a government institution, actively contributes to society through its endeavors in science, education, and community engagement. It consistently attains high rankings globally, positioning itself as a leading institution. In the Times Higher Education World University Rankings of 2021, it secured the top spot in Australia and ranked thirty-one globally.
The Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS) offer international students the opportunity to pursue postgraduate studies at The University of Melbourne, Australia. They are available for a wide range of courses offered by different schools within the University. The selection process for these scholarships involves evaluating applicants based on their academic achievements in their previous degree programs and assessing their research potential in their respective fields of study.
Advantages of the Graduate Research Scholarships
- Full Tuition Waiver: Up to Two Years for Master of Science by Research and Up to Four Years for Doctoral Students
- Annual Living Allowance: $32,400 (2022 full-time study rate) for up to Two Years or Three and a Half Years for Master by Research or Doctoral Students. Allowance is subject to annual indexation and includes limited provisions for paid sick, maternity, and parental leave.
- Relocation Grant: $2,000 for Domestic Students and $3,000 for International Students relocating from states/territories outside Victoria.
- Individual Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Membership for International Students Requiring a Student Visa in Australia.
Fee reduction scholarships
- Full Tuition Waiver: A Master of Science by Research program provides a complete tuition waiver for two years, while doctoral students can avail of a full tuition waiver for a duration of four years.
Graduate Research Scholarships – In-Depth Information
Level of Study: Masters / PhD
University: The University of Melbourne
Study in: Australia
- A duration of 2 years is allocated for students pursuing a Master’s degree in research.
- Students pursuing a Doctoral degree are granted a duration of 4 years.
Deadline: Varies as per selected course
You can explore the courses offered by the following educational institutions:
- Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences.
- Melbourne Business School.
- Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Melbourne Conservatorium of Music.
- Melbourne Graduate School of Education.
- Melbourne Dental School.
- Melbourne Law School.
- Melbourne School of Design.
- Melbourne Medical School.
- Melbourne School of Engineering.
- Melbourne School of Population and Global Health.
- Melbourne School of Health Sciences.
- Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences.
- Online Graduate Courses.
- Office for Environmental Programs.
- School of Biomedical Sciences.
- Faculty of Science.
- School of Melbourne Custom Programs.
- Victorian College of the Arts.
Eligibility Criteria for Graduate Research Scholarships
- Candidates from all countries worldwide are eligible for the Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS).
- Applicants must have applied for admission and fulfilled the University of Melbourne’s entry requirements for a Master’s by research or Doctoral degree.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled and actively pursuing a research degree program at the University of Melbourne.
Application Process for Graduate Research Scholarships
- If you are a new student and have submitted an application for a graduate research course before the course’s application deadline, you will be automatically considered for the Graduate Research Scholarships. Within seven days of submitting your course application, you will receive a notification informing you that a Scholarship Application has been added to your record.
- If you have accepted an offer for a graduate research course and have deferred enrollment to be reconsidered for a scholarship, you are required to submit an online application form by October 31 of the following year to be considered for a scholarship. Upon submitting the online form, you will receive a notification within seven days confirming that a scholarship application has been added to your file.
- If you are currently enrolled in a graduate research course and would like to be considered for a scholarship for the upcoming year, you must submit an online application form by October 31. Within seven days of submitting the online form, you will receive a notification confirming that an Online Scholarship Application has been added to your file.
What is a graduate research scholarship?
A graduate research scholarship is a financial award given to graduate students to support their research activities and academic pursuits. It is typically provided by universities, government agencies, private foundations, or other organizations. These scholarships aim to attract and support talented students who demonstrate exceptional academic potential and a strong commitment to research.
How can I find graduate research scholarships?
There are several ways to find graduate research scholarships:
- University websites: Check the websites of universities or specific departments within universities to explore the scholarships they offer.
- Scholarship databases: Utilize online scholarship databases like Fastweb, Scholarships.com, or the database specific to your country or region.
- Government agencies: Research government-funded scholarship programs that support graduate research in your country.
- Professional associations and organizations: Many professional associations offer scholarships to graduate students in their respective fields.
What are the eligibility criteria for graduate research scholarships?
The eligibility criteria for graduate research scholarships vary depending on the specific scholarship and the institution or organization offering it. However, common eligibility criteria may include:
- Being enrolled or accepted into a graduate program or research-oriented degree.
- Demonstrating strong academic performance.
- Displaying research potential or experience.
- Meeting specific requirements related to the field of study or research area.
- Being a citizen or permanent resident of a particular country or region (in some cases).
How do I apply for a graduate research scholarship?
The application process for graduate research scholarships typically involves the following steps:
- Research: Identify the scholarships you are eligible for and gather information about their requirements, deadlines, and application procedures.
- Prepare application materials: This may include a completed application form, academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, a research proposal, a statement of purpose, and a curriculum vitae (CV) or resume.
- Submit the application: Follow the instructions provided by the scholarship provider to submit your application. This may involve submitting the application online, mailing it, or using a specific application portal.
- Application review: The scholarship committee will review the applications received and evaluate them based on the specified criteria.
- Interview (if applicable): Some scholarships may require shortlisted candidates to participate in an interview or provide additional documentation.
- Award announcement: Successful applicants will be notified of their selection for the scholarship.
Are graduate research scholarships taxable?
The taxability of graduate research