Carnegie Mellon University Scholarships for the Academic Year
The Carnegie Mellon University Scholarships provide full funding opportunities for international students aspiring to pursue a Master’s degree program. These scholarships are open to applicants from around the globe, inviting individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Carnegie Mellon University in Australia is built on the belief that the exploration of public policy and information technology, both individually and collaboratively, offers an exceptionally influential platform to shape the 21st Century world.
As the singular academic institution dedicated to this objective, we have formed a cohesive faculty that encompasses management science, social science, and information technology in nearly equal proportions. Our mission is to leverage the research conducted within this framework to foster a positive impact on the progress of societies, economic systems, organizations, and the lives of individuals worldwide.
We highly encourage you to consider applying for the CMU scholarships in 2023. This presents a remarkable opportunity for you to engage in advanced studies and research alongside esteemed international researchers. If the field of study is not specific to your interests, you may also explore other scholarships such as the fully funded Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Carnegie Mellon University Scholarships for the Year 2023-24: A Comprehensive Overview
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Carnegie Mellon University
- Host Country: Australia
- Program Period: 12 Months or 21 Months (according to the program).
- Deadline: February 10, 2023 / June 31, 2023
Course Selection for Scholarships at Carnegie Mellon University: An Extensive Overview
- Governance and Management
- Management of Information Technology
- Analytics for Business Intelligence and Data
Advantages of Carnegie Mellon University Scholarships Enhancing Your Educational Journey
The CMU Australia Scholarships for International Students offer a generous value of AUD $30,000 for 21-month master’s degrees and AUD $20,000 for 12-month master’s degrees, ensuring substantial financial support throughout your academic pursuit.
- For the 12-month tracks, the total tuition can be paid over three study periods, while for the 21-month tracks, it can be paid over four study periods, providing flexibility in managing your tuition payments.
- The total tuition for the 12-month tracks can be divided and paid over three study periods, offering flexibility in managing your tuition payments. Similarly, for the 21-month tracks, the total tuition can be split and paid over four study periods, providing you with options to effectively manage your tuition payments.
- There is no cost associated with the internship study period.
- If you choose to defer your admission, tuition fees will apply at the current prevailing rate.
Carnegie Mellon University Scholarships Requirements for Eligibility
To be eligible for a Carnegie Mellon University scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
Required language: English. Meet the language requirements of the course as follows:
Eligible Countries: Be a citizen of a country in Asia, South America or Africa.
Meet the entry requirements for a CMU Australia full-time Master’s degree, 12 months or 21 months
Admitted to CMU Australia master’s course from August 2022
Accept the offer of admission from CMU Australia and pay the deposit before the required deadline
Students who are citizens or permanent residents of Australia or New Zealand are not eligible.
This scholarship will not be applied to students who have deferred starting school.
This scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with other CMU Australia scholarships or other government scholarships, including but not limited to the Endeavor Scholarships and Australia Awards.
Students must maintain enrollment throughout their full-time course and adhere to CMU Australia’s Academic Progress Policy.
If a student withdraws from a master’s program prior to completion, they may be required to refund the value of the scholarship awarded.
How to Apply for a Carnegie Mellon University Scholarship
To apply for a Carnegie Mellon University scholarship, please follow the instructions below:
1. Here, choose your program.
- If you want to apply for two different programs, you must submit two separate applications.
2. Verify the entry requirements for the program.
- All applicants must provide documentation of their undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) from a regionally recognized institution.
- All IT programs require programming experience in an object-oriented programming language like Java or C++.
- All 12-month routes require at least 3 years of work experience. Not all 21-month tracks require professional work experience.
- You must submit a valid GRE (general test) or GMAT test score within the past five years. Students must achieve a minimum GPA of GRE 300 or GMAT 600.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – an academic test or English. ).
- Applicants are required to submit a curriculum vitae.
- Please submit a one- or two-page summary of your educational skills, accomplishments, work experience, and volunteering experience.
- You must submit an essay (approximately 1,000 words) outlining your academic and professional background, your career goals, and how the program will help you achieve your goals.
- Video interview (optional). Two (2) proposal forms provided by employers, supervisors, professors, or others who may comment on your educational and career goals and potential.
For more information click here
What scholarships are available at Carnegie Mellon University?
Carnegie Mellon University offers a variety of scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students. Some of the scholarships available include merit-based scholarships, need-based scholarships, talent-based scholarships, and program-specific scholarships. The university also offers scholarships for international students and scholarships for underrepresented students.
What is the eligibility criteria for scholarships at Carnegie Mellon University?
The eligibility criteria for scholarships at Carnegie Mellon University can vary depending on the specific scholarship. Generally, scholarships may consider factors such as academic performance, standardized test scores, leadership qualities, extracurricular involvement, and financial need. Each scholarship may have its own specific requirements, so it’s important to review the criteria for each scholarship you are interested in.
Can I keep my scholarship for all years of my program at Carnegie Mellon University?
The duration of scholarships at Carnegie Mellon University can vary depending on the specific scholarship. Some scholarships are renewable for multiple years, as long as the recipient maintains the required academic performance or other eligibility criteria. Other scholarships may be one-time awards or have different renewal requirements. It’s important to review the terms and conditions of each scholarship to understand the duration and renewal criteria.